ESP8266 Thing Hookup Guide
The ESP8266 has been a growing star among IoT or WiFi-related projects over the past year. It is an exceptionally economical WiFi module, that — with a small additional work — could be programmed as with any microcontroller. Unfortuitously, the ESP8266 has mostly just been for sale in a small, modular kind, which, with limited I/O and a cool pin-out, could be hard to develop a task around.
WiFi Module – ESP8266 (4MB Flash)
The ESP8266 WiFi Module is a self included SOC with built-in TCP/IP protocol stack that will provide any microcontroller acces…
SparkFun’s brand new development board for the ESP8266 breaks out every one of the module’s pins, and consists of a LiPo charger, power supply, and all sorts of associated with other supporting circuitry it takes. We lovingly call it the Thing — it is the foundation that is perfect your Internet of Things.
SparkFun ESP8266 Thing
The SparkFun ESP8266 Thing is just a breakout and development board for the ESP8266 WiFi SoC – a platform that is leading IoT or WiF…
SparkFun ESP8266 Thing Starter Kit
This beginner kit has everything you need to get started doing the ESP8266 board that is thing. Solder on some headers (iron maybe perhaps not inclu…
Covered in this Guide
This guide will familiarize you along with things SparkFun Thing. It is divided into parts, which cover:
- Hardware Overview — a fast rundown associated with the Thing’s components and pinout.
- Powering the Thing — finished . could be driven through either USB or a LiPo battery pack.
- Programming the fact — Interface a 3.3v ftdi fundamental with the one thing to program it.
- Hardware Assembly — guidelines and tips about just what to solder to your Thing’s I/O pins.
- Example Sketch: AP Web Server — Set the Thing up as an access point and employ it to provide webpages.
- Utilizing the Arduino Addon — there are many key differences when considering programming the fact and just about every other Arduino board.