Demand documents through the Freedom of Information Act or Privacy Act
Avoid Delays! Create Your FOIA Demand Online
Throughout the nationwide response that is COVID-19 our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail should be significantly paid off.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your immigration that is own record
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for instance policies, information, or communications.
We shall upload our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Get the reaction faster, keep our workforce safe, and lower the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on the web.
Records You Can Easily Request from USCIS
Underneath the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you can easily request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for example USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Get Your Records as Efficiently as you possibly can
- Go to the USCIS Electronic browsing area to ensure we now have not already posted the records you’ll need.
- Make the right agency to your request by reviewing the sections below. We don’t have all immigration documents.
- Demand just the documents you may need, even as we can get back requests that are precise.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Ensure you get your demand in line for processing;
- Know we received your demand; and
- Be notified once we plan your demand.
On line records are really easy to:
- Access from the phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to some other individual; and
- Down load and printing.
Current average FOIA request times that are processing
The status of one’s FOIA documents request
Go to the Check Request reputation web web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which can be a lot more than a century old
Details about our FOIA process or procedure
Documents on the part of person in Congress
Immigration records by practices apart from our online system
Requesting documents by email, fax, or mail will postpone our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to get documents in a faster, more convenient online format.
If you want to request documents by mail, you really need to:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request documents which has your full name, mailing address, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature this is certainly notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these practices will demand which you:
Available records under area 508 regarding the Rehabilitation Act
- Topic line «FOIA Disability Rooms»
- Your title
- An unknown number where you are able to be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We will contact you to definitely help.
The more accurate you create your demand, the greater effectively the records can be returned by us you’ll need.
You can examine the status of a current FOIA demand in the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web web page.
Particular papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, therefore it is prone to go quickly.
Specialized request, therefore our review will more than likely just take a significant length of time.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand more hours than a ask for a particular document.
An A-File as quickly as possible, as you have actually a planned hearing by having an immigration judge.
Priority demand, you must consist of a duplicate of 1 associated with the forms that are following given by the Department of Homeland protection or Department of Justice, together with your demand:
If you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please go to the site associated with workplace of Government Information Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and federal agencies.
USCIS won’t have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to make your demand to your right agency.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa demands from noncitizens to go into the U.S.
When you have questions regarding your pending FOIA/PA demand, you may possibly:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions towards the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail the questions you have .
The nationwide Records Center can only just respond to questions about FOIA/PA demands. We can’t assistance with pending applications, petitions, or other sort of immigration matter.